Since Avery turned 2, she has been counting down the days, weeks, months, and years until she FINALLY started kindergarten. The big day finally arrived -- I have never seen a kid so excited in all my life. Of course she didn't want me to walk her into the classroom like all the other moms got to do, but after my experience dropping her off in nursery when she was 18 months old, I pretty much expected this. She had a great first day...here's to the next 13 years of school before college!
Before school:
After school: no worse for the wear; after all, she got a cookie.
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Avery is in Kindergarten
Posted by smith fam at 1:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
How hard was it for you?
I didn't think it would be that hard because I was so excited for her...she has honestly been counting down the YEARS. However, as I drove away, mysterious wet stuff kept trying to sneak out of my eyes. So annoying. It has definitely been an interesting week of adjusting. Hopefully next week will feel more normal.
Oh, little Avery all grown up! Don't worry Keyton and Aidan only 2 more years to go!!!
PS, my sister started a Masters program at UNC in Greensboro (Biology), that's why she's there.
Yah, when Wes went into nursery - at 16 months, no less - he was like, "Peace out, Mom and Dad." It didn't even phase him at all. I fully expect it to be the same way when he gets older.
Congratulations on getting #1 started!
Post a Comment