On April 14th, I turned...30. I thought it would be a great day to party, but I have to admit, I was a little bummed by the whole "30" thing. My twenties were packed with college, getting married, graduating college, having three kids, buying and selling two houses, and ending back up at...college (and I'm not even the one going!). So, what now? I am currently trying to plan out the next decade and decide what I want to do when I grow up. Mikey took this picture during our celebration. The best part is that my birthday crown, made by Avery, is Scotch-taped to my head. Did it hurt to remove? What do you think?The court Easter egg hunt was on my birthday. I was teasing Avery the day before telling her that we might be too busy celebrating my birthday to go to the egg hunt. She very coyly suggested we make the egg hunt part of the party. Be prepared for many Lucy egg hunting pictures. We still have two egg hunts left. Forgive me Avery and Aidan - I am sure we took tons of pictures of you on your first egg hunt too (if not, my apologies :) ) I wasn't sure if Lucy would get the concept or not - she isn't even 2 yet. She not only understood, but kept saying after it was over, "I want more eggies, I want more eggies!"
Lucy and I documented the day by doing a self-photo shoot. I even got most of our faces in the pictures.
I love it when people remember you on your birthday. My friend Katie sent me beautiful roses. I seriously haven't gotten flowers in years! My friend Keri drove with her newborn baby in tow from Farmington to bring me a present. Seriously awesome. Even more awesome was the sympathy card she gave me.
Avery gave me my first present of the day and it was one I will never forget. She found a plastic blue pencil box and filled it with little paper strips. On each strip, she wrote a mommy-daughter memory. I never cry and this one almost got me. I asked her how she thought up the idea. She said, "it seems that people like homemade gifts the best. I thought you might like this one." I love her so much! She has already added more memories to the box and has instructed me to keep it forever.
We brought in Cafe Rio for dinner, made apple crisp, and opened presents. I love how excited my kids get for birthdays. It really made the day so much fun.
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
and...I'm 30
Posted by smith fam at 10:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
What an awesome gift from Avery!!!
Mmmm...I want to eat your birthday dinner right now! I'm glad it turned out to be a good day.
By thy way...only you would have a birthday crown scotch taped to your head, ha ha. Love it!
30 and looking good!
Post a Comment